Monday, February 23, 2009

Amazing Weekend

Let me start this post by letting you know in advance that I do not have any pictures posted. I know, me, no pictures posted. We had such an amazing weekend, but I got not a single picture in. I am sick about it!
-
It started out with Friday night having my amazing sister-in-law, Julie and her family driving in from Arkansas. They just moved there from VA, so this is a MUCH shorter drive than they are used to. They had a get together with old friends, so I got the chance to see my 3 nephews and 1 niece. I had not seen them since August, so I could not wait to give them all a big hug. The kids played so well together and I got to hang out with just Noel. She is now 2 and they moved to VA when she was a newborn. I just don't know her like the rest and I just loved how she loved to snuggle with me! Joshua and Easton (4) played surprisingly well. They are two peas in a pod with head-strong personalities. But they only fought over a toy once the entire weekend. Amazing! Then Sammi, Carter (7), and Aiden (6) played and played non-stop together. It took so long to get them to calm down for bed. I can't count how many times I had to go in and tell them to stop talking. Joshua and Easton were the worst! I think Joshua was just not used to having someone in his room, which he loved. Carter and Sammi slept on the trundle part of her bed together while Aiden slept on Sammi's bed. Easton slept in Joshua's room and Noel was in my room. Six kids under one roof in a 3 bedroom house. I made it work and it worked out perfectly! Jason was out of town so I gave up my bed to Julie and Rudy. I LOVE sleeping on my couch, it is so comfy! Plus, Joshua is an early riser, so he was able to watch cartoons quietly in the living room while everyone kept sleeping. Perfect!
-
While Julie and her family went to see other family members on Saturday, we went to two of Sammi's soccer game. It was the first outdoor game for the spring season. It was SO cold and windy! The girls were just miserable, mainly complaining about their cold hands. I never thought to bring gloves! Then right after that game was her indoor game. Looks like there will be at least 5 or 6 games of both leagues that will overlap. I'm not too thrilled about that and wouldn't have signed Sammi up for the 2nd winter session of indoor soccer if I had known that. Oh well, you live and you learn! The 3 of us had a great nap/quiet time after those two games. I was whooped! Julie and her family got to our place around bedtime. Then me, Julie, and Rudy stayed up talking for hours and watching home shows on HGTV. I loved getting to just talk with them face to face instead of over the phone, which we are so used to these days.
-
Saturday night was much better with the kids going to bed. Yea! Sammi got up at 2:45 complaining that she was crowded on the bed. She said Aiden came down in the middle of the night and slept with her and Carter....yep, 3 kids on a twin bed. I thought it was sweet that Aiden wanted to sleep with them.
-
Sunday morning they all headed out by 8:30 so they could go to their old church when they lived here. We went to our early service too, then I met two friends from school in Dallas for lunch. It was great to get out and have adult conversation! Then that night I watched the Oscars. I stayed up to watch the entire thing and was so glad to see Slumdog Millionaire win Best Picture! But I disagree with the critics, I thought it was a great show!
-
Julie, I am so glad you stayed with me this weekend and got to see you all! I am still so mad I didn't take pictures, I will do better next time. :)

No comments: