Saturday, February 14, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance

Jason and Sammi went to our church's Daddy Daughter Dance on Friday. I'm not sure who was more excited about going, Jason or Sammi? It was so cute to see each of them prepare in their own ways. Sammi was focused on looking like a princess in the perfect dress, finding the right shoes, etc. I can't tell you how many stores we went to to find THE dress she wanted. She is such a daddy's girl that she wanted Jason to help her pick out between 2 she couldn't decide on. Funny girl. Jason was focused on his outfit too, but he did something that totally shocked me. He wanted to get her a corsage. Isn't that sweet? Wait, I'm not saying he isn't sweet, I was just shocked that a corsage for a 6 year old even crossed his mind. He loves to dance and so does Sammi, so I just knew they would have fun. I wish I was a fly on the wall to see them dance together or her with her friends. Kids dancing together cracks me up! I gave Jason my camera with one strict instruction: take plenty of pictures!!
-
Aren't they a cute couple?

Right before I took this picture, she said "wait". As I waited, she pulled her hair to the side. I have never seen her do this!


Sammi's friends dancing....not sure if she took this picture?



I love this picture! A friend sent it to me and I can't seem to enlarge it. I have a picture of Jason doing the same thing with Sammi when she was 1 at a friend's wedding. Love it!
Jason is known to be the first one on the dance floor. This time, he said Sammi was the one pulling him onto the dance floor. He has met his match!
The night was fun and I am so glad that they went. Sammi has been talking about it ever since, and so has Jason. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day with your special someone!

4 comments:

Marcia said...

Awe that makes my heart swell!!! That is the sweetest post ever!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Matt & Morganne are going to their first Daddy & Daughter dance in a few weeks! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Alli- I have awarded you something in my latest blog....check it out.....

http://web.me.com/darling729/Site/Blog/Blog.html

Angie said...

They are super cute!