Monday, July 13, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday

I love Mondays because it means I get an excuse to blog about something AND I am given the topic for which to blog about. Woo-Hoo! Today's is perfect because I have a lot on my mind and this is giving me a reason to think about something else.
-
Today's Friend Makin' Monday topic is My Favorite Things. I love this! Who can't think of at least 5-10 things that they just love? It can be a person, place, thing...just anything that is your favorite. I did this several months ago in a different post, so I had to come up with things that I didn't already mention. And I came up with such a huge list that I had to whittle it down. I guess I have a lot of things I love!
In no particular order, 10 of My Favorite Things:
-
iPhone. How did I live my life before this hand-held goodness was invented? I just can't say enough about how amazing this phone is.
Burt's Bees chap stick. I love this chap stick. Love, love, love it.

Almonds. I am now addicted to these. I just discovered them (call me a late-bloomer, I don't care) last month to eat alone and I can't get enough! I feel good eating a handful (or two or three or four) of these and not thinking that they will make my rear get any bigger. Trust me, it doesn't need any help!

Chi flat iron. I have naturally curly hair and tried various ways to straighten my hair over the years and never had any luck. Enter the Chi. Even on slightly humid days it stays straight. My original one broke late on a Sunday (I dropped it and the heating plate was broke loose) and I rushed out to Target to get another one. They were sold out so I thought I would try another brand. I was almost in tears the next day when it wouldn't straighten my hair. Needless to say, I went to a beauty supply store that night to get a Chi. I didn't care what it would cost, I would have paid whatever they asked just to have one again. I love it that much.

Chuy's restaurant. Not to steal a phrase from Rachel Ray, but this place is Yum-O to me. Have you had the creamy jalapeno dressing to dip your chips in? If not, then you must do it if you are ever at this place...that is if you are in the Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, or Houston Texas area. :)

Clorox wipes. They are under every sink in my house. I love having them to do a quick wipe down of a counter top, faucet, toilet, etc.

Hair clips. This isn't the exact one I use, but I have them in my purse, bag, car, nightstand, etc because I use one daily. I have long hair and hate having it on my neck when it is hot outside. So being in TX, it is a must for me.

Movies! I love going to the movie theater. I can also go alone, I have no problem with that at all. I just love seeing movies on the BIG screen.

Roomba. I love this thing! I can program it to go off and vacuum my floors when I gone during the day. I love coming home to vacuumed floors. It scared my 3 year old at first, but now he thinks it is cool to watch go all over the house. And I love that it finds it's dock when the battery is low to get a recharge.

Cokes from Sonic. What do they put in there to make them so good? Is it the large straw? Is it the crushed ice? Do they put drugs in there to make them so addictive? Whatever it is, I love them. But they do not help me in my quest to not drink Coke so much! I really don't drink them a ton, just more than I should. So when I am craving one, it does not help me to pass a Sonic!

That was fun. Cue the song "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music...so what are YOUR favorite things? Are any on my list yours too?

13 comments:

Angie said...

I love almonds also...I'm so addicted to them! I have always wondered if the Roomba works...glad you answered that question for me, and I too like Burt's Bees chap stick. I put it on every night before bed. Fun FMM today...I can't wait to post mine!!

Aimee said...

Oh, I forgot to put Sonic on my list! Love their sweet raspberry tea! Every sink in my house has clorox wipes under it too!

Brandi said...

I am getting a iphone this week. Cant wait. I love Burts Bees. I love almonds (we have these cocoa rosted ones. Yummy)I could not live without my straigtner. and I want a roomba.

Kelli said...

I have to try the Burt's Bees. Love your list.

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

I love almonds; aren't they great!! Happy FMM!!

Sugarplum Garters said...

Clorox wipes are fabulous! I just discovered them a few months ago and now I can't imagine life without them!

Happy FMM!

Stacey said...

Great list! How did we ever live without flat irons?! I could go to Sonic everyday!

J.J. said...

SEe #1 on my list!!!! SONIC!!!

I have a chi flat iron that Ilove too!!!!!!!

ANd Chuys...love that too!

kimert said...

I love almonds too but had to give up all nuts a few months ago when I got braces! That Roomba looks really cool!

Ali said...

First of all, I love you automatically because we share the same name.

Also, a vacuum that is a robot? Why have I never heard of this?!

Happy FMM!

Jennifer said...

I know the iPhone is AAAMMMAAAZZZIIIINGGG!!!!

Unknown said...

SERIOUSLY??!! I knew that was why we hit it off so well at PFE- we have so much in common!! IPhone, Burt's, sonic, Chuy's!!! AWK!!!

But I'll be honest...the Roomba kinda scares me too!!

Happy Monday
~Becca

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Great list! Who could live without a Chi, Chuy's or Sonic?! I haven't tried the roomba -- too afraid of what my dogs might to do it! HA!