Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What A Weekend!

Jason and I went on our annual trip to the Guadalupe River over Memorial Weekend. Pics to be posted later. Sammi & Joshua were at my mom's for the long weekend and had a ball (as usual!).
-
On our way down, we stopped at the outlet mall in San Marcos with our friends Jennifer and Dustin. We do this every year....gotta shop first, then relax and have fun! Jason was not his normal self and actually went into more stores than I did. Shocking! Oh, and I walked into Victoria's Secret to find that the ENTIRE store was $9.99. Really. $10 bucks for everything! I was in heaven!
-
We rented a house with a separate cottage in New Braunfels with 3 couples and 2 other single friends. The same people usually go each year. The place Jennifer found this year was amazing! Friday night we played a game called Dirt that is a lot like Truth or Dare, just not the Dare part. It was fun and I learned a lot about my friends! Saturday we floated the Guadalupe River. Jason was in a one man raft this time while I stayed in my usual tube. The river was pretty crowded this year and as always, gave us plenty to see and gasp over. :) You know you are getting old when you start referring those in college as "kids".
-
After floating the river for several hours, we were exhausted! We spent most of Saturday night playing Rock Band. If you have never played it, I highly recommend playing! It' s a lot like Guitar Hero, but with drums, a bass guitar, and a microphone for someone to sing. Jason kicked butt on the drums and I, um, didn't kick butt on the guitar. But I had fun trying!
-
Sunday was a lazy, relaxing day. I spent most of the day reading my newest Harlan Coben book that I was dying to crack open. There was a hammock that I laid in for awhile while reading. It was heaven! We played horseshoes and more games that day and night.
-
Monday morning after cleaning and heading out, it was back to reality. I had a great time hanging out with friends, reading, relaxing, and just having fun! We'll be back next year!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful! Good for y'all for getting away. Which Coben book are you currently reading? I am addicted to that author!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time. We enjoyed having your kids over and Lucy too. Sorry Sammi couldn't stay longer with us...her sad face almost made me cry!