Monday, December 15, 2008

Doughnuts With Santa

Sammi's school PTA hosted Doughnuts With Santa this year. We went over a week ago and yes, I am just now getting around to posting it. While Jason finished putting more Christmas lights on the house, I took the princess and Tasmanian Devil. Just what TD needed, more sugar! I was going to be so good and not give into the sweet temptation of the sugary goodness and just sit there with the kids while they ate theirs. Well, after the first doughnut that Joshua just ate the top off of, I took a bite of his. That was the beginning of my downward spiral. I ate two AND chocolate milk. It has been over a week and I still feel horrible about giving in too easily. Where is my willpower?
-
Joshua eats just the top, so after eating the top of 4, I would think that equated to 1 full doughnut. Dontcha think? A mom and her kids from Sammi's class sat with us and I told her that Joshua hardly eats anything, but he managed to eat 4, thinking I would get a laugh out of that. No. Not even a chuckle. Then her daughter asked her if she could have another doughnut (this would top it to a whopping 2 for her), to which her mom quickly and sternly replied "no, you do not need so much sugar". So here I sat quietly, after telling her my son ate 4 (I should have told her not the entire thing!) feeling like a horrible mother for allowing my son to eat ALL of that sugar when Mrs. Perfect-Mother-Who-monitors-Her-Children's-Sugar-Intake would only allow 1. I know, I am really hard on myself, but I felt awful! I could just feel her glaring at Joshua who had icing all over his face. He he, I kind of laugh now thinking of what could have been going through her head.
-
Who couldn't tell their son who eats next to nothing "no" when he is devouring his doughnut like this? Clearly not me!
While waiting in a really long line to get their picture taken with Santa, they took a break. I couldn't pass up a photo-op of my son sitting still!
I have no idea why this picture uploaded so small. Joshua chickened out when it came down to sitting on Santa's lap. But who can blame him...click on the picture to enlarge it and look at Santa's face. Where are the glasses? And could he please try to look happy to be there and have a beautiful girl posing for a picture with him? He just flat out looks like a very unhappy Santa with a bad attitude.
Snooty mom and attitude-filled Santa aside, we had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun this Christmas season!!