Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Weekend

This is a week late...it was a crazy week. Tried to get over a double ear infection and sinus infection. That was not fun! All I can say is, thank goodness for modern medicine! If you are ever offered to have a steroid shot versus the pills, take the shot! It clears you up so much faster.

Any who, we had a fantastic weekend at my mom's for Easter weekend with Meredith and her family. I am so glad that my kids have cousins their age that they truly love to be around. I pray that they are always so close. Sammi and Kate are like best friends. It is fun to stand back and watch/listen to them play.

My stepbrother Andy was there as well with his son Shaun. He is 2 and so cute! We had to take advantage of him being there and get a group shot of my mom and stepdad with their grandkids. Only one grandchild was missing, who lives in San Marcos.

Friday night, Meredith and her husband spent the evening out with friends, so I came with a project for the kids. They were to make cupcakes that looked like Easter baskets. It wasn't as much of a hit as I had hoped, but they made a few.


Will with his creation. I cut the sour patch ropes too short. They were to be the handles and I was so irritated that I did that! Oh well, they still tasted good!


Josh pretty much just ate the icing. Just what a 3 yr old needs: more sugar!
Saturday we all went out for breakfast, then came home to have the kids dye eggs. They had a lot of fun doing that. I love seeing what creations they come up with.


After lunch we had the kids hunt Easter eggs. We knew it would be rainy on Sunday, so we told the kids that the Easter bunny watches the weather too. Jason was the official basket holder for Joshua and helping him move along with finding more eggs.


My mom and stepdad get Cascarones for the kids every year. We find confetti in every nook and cranny for days. Here, Joshua snuck up and got Uncle Greg.

All of the cousins together before leaving for church. I was so sick that weekend that I stayed home to sleep. Yep, I was that sick that I even missed Easter Sunday at church!

...and of course we have to get in a silly picture.
Other than being sick, we all had so much fun being with each other and watching the kids play together.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I LOVE the first picture! That group shot is PRICELESS!!!

Allison said...

So impressed with all your Easter craftiness! I never got into dyeing eggs, and I haven't done it yet with my girls. (I know, bad mom!)

All the kids looked so cute dressed up for Easter Sunday!

Oh, and I just saw that in your previous post you tagged me. I'm sorry that I haven't checked it in a few days...didn't realize it until now!

Monkey said...

Could you send me those pics from the night we weren't there? They are great pics!

Jodi said...

SO FUN! R doesn't really have cousins her own age, so it is fun to see your crew! They are just too cute

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

Looks like a fun-filled Easter weekend!!

I just posted a blog award for you on my latest entry. Check it out when you have the time!

~Becca

Kasey said...

Looks like a great time! I love the last pic! It's super funny!

and what great advice from FMM (I'm a little behind- sorry!) Date nights are so important!